Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Techno guru

Nathan has always been our technology guy.  When we run into problems with the computers (we each have one, our marriage works better that way,) he's always the one who comes in and fixes it.  He wires and enables my parents' system of surround sound, and TV, Roku box, and DVD player.

But a few weeks ago, we wandered into uncharted territory for him.  Since my laptop is just about to separate permanently into two sections,  decided I wanted a new portable computer, I wanted a tablet.  The initial conversation went something like this:

Me: I want an iPad.
Nathan: Why?  (Nathan doesn't like tablets.)
Me: They are easier to Skype on and the laptop is just about dead anyway.
Nathan: Okay, let's look for a non-Apple product. (Nathan really doesn't like Apple.)

We looked at an Amazon Kindle, and a Google Nexus, but eventually settled on the Microsoft Surface RT.

I love it because it comes with a baby version of Windows and Microsoft Office and can actually function like a small laptop but looks and acts like a tablet.
Nathan has used it on a preliminary basis and these days I'm the one answering his questions about how to do things.  I kind of love that too!

No comments:

Post a Comment