Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A Return

It looks like I needed to take a little break before I was ready to approach a new blog.  Things were all very much the same and also the same as what I had been reading on other Catholic "mommy blogs."  I got a little discouraged that I wasn't having original revelations about my faith or parenthood.

In the beginning it wasn't an intentional stop.  I just didn't have anything to say.  Then, I started thinking "Should I write about that?" and the answer I always came up with was "I'm not ready yet."  But now I feel ready.

Nothing much has changed. Things on our little patch of ground are pretty status quo right now, but that's okay.

So, before we jump in, here's a little update:

THIS GUY:

  • 20 months old
  • Cutting about 5 teeth at once
  • Walking
  • Eating with a spoon and making attempts at using a fork
  • Says "Mama," "Dada," "Boppa" (Grandpa), "Poppa," "Bye-bye," "Yeah!," and any number of animal and machine sounds.  
  • Much more interested in sounds than actual words.  If he hears a strange noise close by, he will try to mimic it. 
  • Loves Thomas and VeggieTales also Baby Einstein, he is mesmerised by those puppets
  •  Favorite foods--yogurt, almost any fruit, and eggs

He's something of a neighborhood celebrity.  He goes to daycare close by and the daycare lady, who I grew up with, has three boys.  Everytime we're all outside the boys all shout, "Hi, 'Lijah!."  We also have other neighbors and friends in the area who will stop and say "Hi, Elijah!" as we go for walks.

Nathan and I are mostly the same.  I'm working third shift now, which I don't enjoy as much as I used to because it means Elijah has to be at daycare two full days and one half day so I can get even a little sleep.  He seems to love daycare, lots of friends and things to do.

Remember this post from the old blog?  Well, it turns out all those times I said, "I'm going to England for my 30th birthday and only adopting a second child can stop that," God was laughing at me.  Nathan recently found out a good friend of his is getting married in China the month before my birthday next year.  And Nathan, of course wants to be there, and we can't afford both.  So, England will have to wait...maybe until 31.

Nathan has decided that for this big trip, he wants to lose some weight and I really could probably eat healthier, but to be perfectly honest, I have no idea how.  I eat all the fruits I can manage, I think and I really can't stand vegetables.  And my favorite foods are all things like pizza, cheesburgers, and bacon.  So if anyone has any advice, I'd love to hear it.

I've read quite a few books since I've been away, but few of them worth mentioning.  I'll try to update the booklist.  Also, I'm still refining the blog's appearance, so bear with me.

I think that's about it...nothing much else new going on around here.

I can't promise I'll be here every other day or I'll always have something ground breaking to say, and you'll probably see quite a few pictures of Elijah, but right now, that's really what life is about.



No comments:

Post a Comment