Thursday, October 17, 2013

Sick Mama

My least favorite person showed up today.  I can't stand myself as a parent when I'm sick.  I get cranky and irritable and all my energy is gone.  Elijah is sick as well so we stayed home today and were annoyed with each other all day.

He got mad at me because I wouldn't let him out in the 50 degree weather while his little nose is running like a faucet.  And I have to say, I was less than pleased with the 20 minute nap he favored me with. 

I tried to be fun and engaging.  I built a crappy half-assed fort and sat on the floor with him reading books and playing with his puzzles.  But every time I had to stand up, my knees hurt a little more.  We ended up watching way, way more television than I am comfortable with Elijah seeing in one day. 

Unfortunately, when sick mama shows up, that's all I can make myself do.  Let's hope that bitch goes home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment