Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Big Purse Dump

Kendra over at Catholic All Year is hosting a link up so we can all have a look in each other's purses.  It sounded like fun, so here we go.

One of Elijah's favorite games is "What's in Mama's Purse?" so mine actually gets cleaned out pretty frequently.  Also, I'm one of those silly mamas who still maintains a purse apart from the diaper bag.

This is the purse I'm carrying right now, a Christmas gift from Elizabeth, it soothes my daily longings for England.

And here's what I've got:

Okay, so the bib under the tablet was not actually in my purse, but on the table when I took the picture and I was tired, so I didn't move it.  Here's a more organized look at the mess.

From left to right:

  • Garbage, including coupons I won't use, receipts, and a gum wrapper.
  • A little bag I decided to put my rosary in, coupons from Victoria's Secret I likely will use, and random key chain fobs I don't use.
  • My Microsoft Surface (almost never in my purse, but I was out and had it with me.) On the surface are a red envelope holding keys to our empty safe deposit box, an old appointment card, my jump drive, a penguin compact and the top of another compact that came off in my bag.
  • Above the surface is a pack of gum, my lip stick, lip gloss, and chapstick; an off-brand Kit Kat, my book list notebook, and hemp lotion that I'm a little afraid to use.
  • Next to that, my rosary, two blue Papermate pens--my favorites, I know, high class--my wallet, keys, phone, and bank pass book.  There is a dime below my wallet, representing the 31 cents I had and somehow lost while getting everything organized for the picture.

My favorite thing: Probably my rosary, but not because I use it while I'm out (too easily distracted), it was my Grandma Eaton's.

I wouldn't be able to live without it: My book list note book, seriously, I get anxious if I'm out and don't have it, that also happens with my phone.

I'm surprised that's there: My keys!  Yay, I know where my keys are for the next 20 seconds!  I need to get one of those little lojack key chain fobs.

I'm inspired by everyone else and will probably start carrying: My day planner, smart, smart ladies!





1 comment: