Monday, April 15, 2013

To begin

This blog really isn't about holidays.

I've said this before, but we'll start with it.  That quote from St. Augustine is probably my favorite.  It reminds me, whenever I think of it, that the Resurrection of Christ was not a one time thing.  The Resurrection is for all time, for all people.  It is an ongoing event and condition about the world. 

It's like St. Augustine's version of St. Paul's "be in the world, not of the world."  This is something that I have been trying to do more and more lately.  I'm not entirely sure how successful I am from day to day, but I am working on keeping this thought as the central focus of my life in Christ and in the world.

For those of you who followed my other blog up to this point, you know my son is my first child and dearly loved.  But I'm finding different challenges in each new phase of parenting.  Mostly it's the whens and hows that confuse me. 

When, for example, will he start walking?--He's almost 15 months old and vocally opposes all our attempts to help him walk. 

How do I explain to him the vastness of God and His love?  It's almost an abstract concept in the way that it just is.  Because we always have it, how can you describe it to a young child?  I really don't remember what my parents said to me on the subject.

So these are the things I deal with day to day.

I work full time strange hours, I love my husband and son deeply, I do my best to keep a clean ordered house, I write as often as I can manage, and I try to live according to God's Will. 

It's been interesting so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment